The weather is cooler and I’ve been very busy in the studio! Lots of color and working on copper. You’ve got to love enamelling on copper, the materials are inexpensive compared to silver so there’s room for playing. My focus was creating a book just on Copper enamelling and I am happy to say that is finished and available on Amazon! So here it is, check it out! Enameling on Copper
Who is this book for?
- Tools & materials and whether you can get by with just a torch
- How to prep your enamels and which ones don’t need any prep at all
- Basic enameling principles and application techniques
- Firing enamels by torch and in a kiln
- Decorative techniques – of course this is why we enamel and the sky is the limit!
- All brought together with easy to follow step by step projects
- Free download links inside the book will get you printable templates for all the projects
- And a Color Wheel, designed by me to help you select your colors
Beginners Step by Step Projects
The Basic Techniques are clearly described to make it easy to follow along at home.
From preparing enamel powders.
To achieving the perfectly fired surface.
But technique alone is not enough, so at the end of each technique there’s a project to allow you to apply what you’ve learned.
Simply sifted enamel, the most basic technique, nothing fancy, just beautiful by itself.
The Sgraffito project: a lovely Wrapped Ring – one size fits all and no soldering required!
A simple but very effective technique to get beautiful patterns on your enamel jewelry.
Stencils are another fun way to add interest, the possibilities are endless!
Even the simplest designs can be enhanced by surface treatments like these stunning earrings with contrasting Matte & Gloss areas.
You can get it here: Enameling on Copper
And maybe you’d do me a huge favour and leave a nice review on Amazon, I’d really appreciate that!